Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Thanksgiving (and oh, so much love)


I've been blessed my entire life by support, encouragement, affirmation, and so much love.  I am truly grateful for my amazing family and friends.  I cannot express how dear you all are to me.  

Almost two years ago, I was on my way to the airport about to head to Tanzania...I read this note written to me by one of my best friends...

Here are her beautiful words:


"So it seems that our God has called you away, 
To move from the “norm” into a new world today.  
For He has spoken out and called you by name; 
You have been lead by faith-for when he called, you came.

A new adventure is to be had, my dear.  
For a great and wonderful thing has appeared, 
A trip to take you all across the world; 
A map to be made for your new life, sweet girl.

A fire in your soul, from such a young age, 
This is your solo moment, so go take the stage.  
Oh young star, your heart shines so bright; 
Glow now and ever more, guiding others with your light.

Continue to listen with opened ears and a quiet mind, 
And may all of your efforts be gratefully returned in kind.  
May your steps be taken with confidence anew, 
As you follow what God told your heart you should do.

As you pack up your bags, and count each single item 
Deciding what to bring and just where to put them,
Carefully folding every piece you pack into your bag.
Writing your new address so clearly onto your tag.

This is a trip so full of great promise
I wish you safety and such wonderful success.
May you learn and grow in a million different ways 
And live in peace for all of your days.

For this is your calling, oh, beautiful child.
You have been raised and prepared for a life none-so-mild.
You have vigor and determination hidden deep within
So the game of life shall be conquered; and you with the win.

Your heart is a prize to be had by few
I only hope they will see what a treasure is found in you.
You’re a blessing, oh love.  A dream come true,
The window to your soul is a glorious view.

I wish you peace and freedom.  And victory in all.
That you may love and embrace this heavenly call.
With eyes so wide and a heart ready for adventure,
I pray your foothold will always be solid and sure.


May the Lord who called you to do this great trip
Hold you up and carry you and not let you slip.
I know He will be there, in all that you do
I pray that his love will complete and comfort you.

Oh little girl, you have grown so much.
You are a woman fully trusting in God’s guiding touch.
With a gentle nudge and a spark in your heart
That’s all you needed to take this new start.

I am so very proud of you, my friend,
For your gumption to step out and to jump right on in.
May your leap of faith take you up to new heights
And may you be found in awe at all of the stunning sights.

For God is great and so full of wonder,
His voice can be louder than the strike of thunder.
But He also knows just when to whisper,
His power can be withheld but never hindered.

You have a King that is right here on your side,
You have a warrior that will be there and never hide.
His love is a shield that will protect you always
His name is a sword, defending for all your days.

Oh, stay in the peace of knowing that He 
Is the ruler and King of everything.
Rest in the assurance of God’s great power
You have nothing to fear, so don’t ever cower.

You are strong in Him who guides your way
You are in His hands, every moment of every day.
So live the life you have been called to lead,
Stand firm in knowing that you have been freed.

Goodbye my dear, it will all be okay
Because God has taken the worry of your future away.
It is in His hands, and darling, so are you
He will guide your steps in all that you do.

I can’t wait to hear all about what is to be,
You will have such an adventure, and we all want to see.
Have fun sweetheart!  And enjoy the ride,
Here you go off with Him, side by side!"




No comments: