Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Bush Pilot Fairy Tale: Tanzania

I believe in dreaming...we all do right?  Little dreams, big dreams, world changing dreams.  I believe that the desires of our hearts compel us to live life to the fullest.  That joy comes from living right where you are, and giving a piece of your heart to everyone you meet.  Pieces of joy.  Life is about giving a piece of your dream...a piece of your hope...a piece of your fairy tale to everyone.

Sometimes, I sit in the airplane in the middle of the bush, on an airstrip that doesn't look like an airstrip, and think, "this is my fairy tale?" and then I realize that, yeah, this is part of it.  This is part of my dream, part of the life that I knew I was called to live.  It doesn't seem like a fairy tale when I'm alone in the middle of nowhere providing medical care to the Maasai, but that's the beauty of it.  All of our fairy tales are unique and inspired.  Our stories are beautiful...because we've been created by a beautiful creator.  

I don't always appreciate how beautiful life is, but sometimes when I look at the little Maasai babies I see their precious purpose and know that every moment is a gift.  Every life is a gift.  

The struggles, challenges, and trials are all a part of life, but I think we're given an option to choose a fairy tale.  So let's do it.  Let's choose an incredible dream filled, joy filled, beautiful fairy tale for our lives.  

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. ~Jeremiah 29:11

"She believed in dreams, all right, but she also believed in doing something about them. When Prince Charming didn't come along, she went over to the palace and got him." ~Walt Disney










No comments: