Monday, March 25, 2013

Part 1: 22 Things About Africa

In a few weeks I'll be 22 years old.  So, I thought I would share 22 things about my life in Africa.

Part 1:

When I was little I had a desire to help children in poverty.  I knew that I had to do something. At the age of 6, I would have told you that I would make enough money to give to children in need.  The age of 11 I would have told you I was going to start an orphanage in India. At 17, I would have told you about my dreams of starting an organization involving airplanes, orphans, and Africa.  Really, the same ideas with a few developments along the way.  

Well, at the age of 21, I'm living in Africa.  I'm an accountant, an administrator, and a pilot. Occasionally, I look at the series of events that led up to this point in my life--so many mistakes and failures--so many little things that I made into big things. But, here I am.  Doing something that I love to do.  I'm seeing how the Lord's plan is so much bigger, better, and far more important than anything that I could have come up with on my own. I'm trying to make a difference in this world, but for now, I pray that the Lord will use me to make a difference in Tanzania.  

I still get overwhelmed most days. I cringe at the thought of failure. Sometimes, I get lonely and think of how nice it would be to get married and have a built in best friend. I've learned that Africa teaches you a lot about yourself--it's a never ending learning experience around here. Living here has helped me realize that it is important to cherish and treasure life, dreams, and all things overwhelming.

Life is always an adventure...enjoy it.  


1 comment:

Modern Day Hannah said...

You are awesome girl. Keep doing what God has called you to do and He will send you the right man at the right time.