Saturday, February 23, 2013

Spiders

*I wrote this around 3ish for my sisters as a wall post on facebook:


So, it's 3:53am here in lovely Tanzania. I woke up at 3:30am to use the restroom..no big deal, right? I walk into the bathroom and right next to the toilet is the BIGGEST SPIDER I HAVE EVER SEEN outside of a Zoo. A VERY scary looking spider. The spider was staring at me..much like I was staring at the spider. So, I was thinking-- 1. Maybe I should leave it. 2. I can't leave it, cause I really have to go to the bathroom and it'll jump or something. 3. Maybe TJ can kill it, but I'd have to wake him up. 4. Suck it up, Elsa, KILL THAT SPIDER. 5. What the heck is around here for me to kill it with?

Then I found the DOOM.

DOOM is an insect and spider killer. It's awesome. Most of the time.

Alright, so I'm standing there DOOM in hand, spray the DOOM at the spider...and the spider literally CHARGES at me. I am not exaggerating, honestly, I wish I was. That's not the worst part...BABIES GO EVERYWHERE. Do you have chills yet? I still do, and this happened 30 minutes ago. The mom spider was SUPER mad, the babies I'm sure were upset, and I think I almost had a heart attack. 

I was jumping around the bathroom trying to hide from the charging momma spider, trying not to wake TJ, but the spider still would not die! 

Finally, after about 20 minutes of trying to kill the spider, I found success. 

In the end, I go back to my room, turn on the computer, and hear TJ wake up to use the bathroom. 

Life's not fair.

No comments: