Friday, February 8, 2013

Olkokola

Early morning walk.
I shouldn't have waited almost three weeks to write, because now I have no idea where to start.

Anyways, life is good.

Tanzania is beautiful, the people are lovely, I like the language, my job is challenging, and I'm excited to fly soon.

I love taking walks, so I've been out every morning enjoying the beauty and semi-quiet of mornings here at Olkokola. There are always people around, but I love to walk and explore the area a bit before the craziness of the day starts.  It's fun and definitely overwhelming having to learn a new culture, language, job, etc. but I'm taking everything slowly.  I'm trying to enjoy every part of my life here in Africa..even the challenging moments!

I am extremely grateful for this opportunity to live in Arusha, and I'm thankful for all of the kind people I've met so far.

Baby Ng'ombe!

Just a portion of the Garden...Christopher is our awesome gardener! 

Early morning walk.

Baby Ema--helping me work!

A few students from our Vocational Training Center
  

5 comments:

Annie Mueller said...

Nice to hear an update! Keep on posting - love the photos too. Anything particular you'd like us to pray for?

Unknown said...

Thanks Annie! Miss you all!

I've been so busy I haven't been able to write lately.

Prayers--that I would learn Swahili quickly :) It will really help me once I'm more familiar with the language.

Send my love to everyone!

Cheryl Klarich said...

Love the pictures-it's awesome to get to see a bit of your day...makes me want to visit!

Unknown said...

Definitely visit!!!!! I love youu!!!

Anonymous said...

We love seeing the photos and reading about your new life in Africa! We'll be praying for the language fluidity! Hope that you get to fly soon! Maybe you will meet missionaries in the Congo, the Clemmers. I'll send info re: the Clemmers later. Blessings and love, Aunt Sue*