Friday, October 18, 2013

Swahili

Seems like it's hard for me to get anything posted lately!  Pole sana, Rafiki! (very sorry, friends)  Today was my last day of an intensive beginners Swahili course.  Really feels like it's going to change my world. I have a LOT to learn, but small steps!  It's such a good feeling to know that progress really is happening.  I tend to feel lost in the thick of things most of the time.  There's always too much to learn, do, help with, finish, etc.  So thankful for this time I've had to meet new friends, learn a new language, and enjoy a new environment! 

I've been back in Tanzania for almost a month now, and honestly, it's been hard.  I don't know if it's me missing family, or just feeling a bit of reverse culture shock...more than likely it's just a lot of both. It is hard living in a different country, so far from home and the usual comforts, far from family and friends..and realizing that you have to start a new life in a different place..all alone.  I have my rough moments, but I have a lot of good moments too.  Thankful for both.  

I have a lot I'd like to write about, but for now I'll just hit the post button on this one :)

Blessings and love 

xo

Els 


                          Friends from the Swahili course!




No comments: