Sunday, August 4, 2013

He is Faithful

The more time I spend in Africa the more I love it.  It's one of those places that captures your heart.  The people, the babies, the landscape, the stars.  Everything.  It's an amazing place.

I think I'm more afraid of the culture that I grew up in than I was moving to a developing country. It's just so different.  In the beginning of my move to Tanzania I thought about the challenges and trials I would encounter, but I never really thought about the challenges I would encounter by returning home. Part of my hesitation is that I have quite a few things to finish during my weeks back home, but even so, I know that I've changed.  I've learned more in the past six and a half months than I could have ever imagined, and I'm nervous that I won't respond well to the culture or lifestyle of being back in America.  For me, it's a realization that people are in different places and stages of life. It's not my responsibility to make anyone understand where I'm coming from or how I'm feeling, but to share the possibilities in this world to help and love people from all different nations and backgrounds.  I'm so thankful for the opportunities that I've had so far in East Africa, and for all of the people who have taken their time to teach me so many new things.  

I still have a ways to go in training--flying, language, clinics..etc.  But, I've started.  I'm excited.  And, I'm so thankful for this gift.  I've wanted to do this my whole life, and I'm excited to see how Jesus is going to use this life that I've been given.


Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23







No comments: