Thursday, August 1, 2013

Home

I haven't been very good at posting lately, but I have been writing!  It takes a lot for me to hit the "publish" button though.  I'll write a post and then think "oh, I'll publish it later"  that is a mistake.  Currently, I have about 20 posts that I would like to share but have yet to publish. So much has been going on lately that I don't really know where to start, but I'll attempt a quick life update:

In mid-July I decided to fly home to finish a rating I need to fly in Tanzania.  I have finished and passed the written portion, but still have the oral and practical that I will be doing in Iowa this month.  It'll be nice to get it out of the way.  I'm thankful for all of the support I've received from Wings of Hope in St. Louis and from Flying Medical Service in Arusha.  Huge blessings.

I'm planning on visiting family around the States after I complete my flight training, and then back to Tanzania for more training.  I have a lot to learn, but I'm planning on taking my time and not rushing the process.

The other day I found out that there was a plane accident at an airstrip called Ngoveroni in Tanzania, all are doing ok health wise, but the plane will not be able to fly again.  Thankful that there are relatively small injuries, and that The Lord had his hand upon the airplane.

Well, just a quick post, but I'm hoping to post more in the next couple of weeks!  Lots going on and a lot of stuff to pray about.  If anyone would like to get together while I'm in the U.S. let me know!


No comments: